Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pray for Jason Reed

Please pray for Jason Reed. I've known him for five years and I can tell you he is one of the finest Christian individuals I have ever known. He is a fellow CPA and he is only 32 years old. He has a very rare form of cancer and is in ICU at University Hospital in Jackson, Miss.

I met him back in 2001 when I was working for Smith, Tew and Phillips. We did work for the firm as a second job. He was great to work with. I never heard him cuss or even get nasty. When you work with someone for four years, surely you will have a cross word or two. That never happened between the two of us. I genuinely liked him and he was a very friendly, bear of a guy. He worked hard and knew quite a bit about taxes.

I'm hoping and praying for a miracle. He went into ICU in the early part of the month and nearly died. He's on life support. He was supposed to get married on May 20th. He'd make an excellent husband and father. There are very few Christians who talk and live the Christian life. He was one of them.

No comments: